Meeting Room Policy and Application
MEETING ROOM POLICY - RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER
The meeting rooms in the Hamburg Township Library are available for educational, cultural, and civic purposes. Rooms are not available for partisan political rallies or for purely social occasions.
Non-Profit within Hamburg Township (FREE)
Non-Profit outside Hamburg Township ($25 per room, per hour)
For-Profit within Hamburg Township ($25 per room, per hour)
For-Profit outside Hamburg Township (No use of meeting room)
• Fees associated with room use must be paid at time of reservation. Sales or the distribution of merchandise for sale will not be allowed except in conjunction with library programs.
• No refunds will be made unless the library must close due to an emergency situation.
• Profit-making organizations must provide proof of an appropriate level of liability insurance with Hamburg Township named as additional insured.
• All groups using the rooms must be under adequate adult supervision with an adult in attendance at all times.
• Groups wishing to use the rooms must fill out an application a minimum of one week prior to use. The contact persons listed on the application will be notified of approval.
• Meeting rooms may be reserved no more than two (2) months in advance.
• At least one of the two contact persons must be present and check in at the front service desk on the day reserved in order for the room(s) to be used.
• The rooms must be vacated at least 15 minutes prior to closing of the building.
• No admission fee is to be charged for meetings or exhibits. A non-profit fee to cover cost of light refreshments, expenses for a speaker, film rentals, etc. may be charged with approval by the Director.
• Clean-up is the responsibility of the individual organizations. Light refreshments may be served in community rooms only. The group must provide its own utensils for serving and preparation. Alcoholic beverages and anything red may not be served. Groups using the rooms are responsible for the condition of the rooms. They will be billed for any damage to the room as result of their use.
• Meeting room set-up and take down is the responsibility of the Library staff.
• Items to be displayed shall not be taped or tacked to the walls or folding partition. The library assumes no responsibility for any materials on display. The sponsoring group is responsible for supervision and security. The group must also assume responsibility for any necessary insurance for loss, fire, and damage.
• Groups using the room agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Hamburg Township Library and Hamburg Township, representatives and all parties involved, from any and all suits, actions, claims, or demands of any character or nature arising out of or brought on account of any injuries or damages sustained by any person as a consequence or result of the use of the rooms, their furnishings, or equipment.
• By applying for use of the meeting rooms the sponsoring group acknowledges that its activity is not sponsored by the Hamburg Township Library and Hamburg Township and agrees that they will not identify the above organizations as parties associated in any way with their group’s activities in any of their literature or publicity.
• The sponsoring organization is responsible for all promotional activities (fliers, publicity, registration, etc.).
• Upon adequate notice, the Library reserves the right to withdraw permission for the use of any meeting room. The program and meeting needs of the library will take precedence over meeting room use requests made by other community groups.
***CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION***
If Submitting Online, please contact the library within the next few days to check on your submission
***CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE MEETING ROOM APPLICATION***