Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. PO Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48189
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 18, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members Present: M.Farrell, R.Hocking, M.Evergreen, J.Colone, B.Rosek and C.Walter.
Members Absent: None.
Also Present: H.Hentz and C.Weber
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by B.Rosek and seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 21, 2021 as presented made by R.Hocking; seconded by J.Colone; Motion carried.
Call to the Public
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for September 2021 as presented made by C.Walter; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Voucher #619 in the amount of $66,894.39 made by M.Evergreen; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
- In-house Statistics: 2,319 patrons served; 46 new patrons; 5,562 in-house item check-outs, 76 computer uses,
- Online Statistics: Axis360 check-outs: 721; PressReader check-outs: 150; Ancestry uses: 460; Tutor.com uses: 0; Infobase uses: 0; Career Guidance uses: 0; Niche Academy uses: 3.
- Other News: Drive-thru Halloween was well attended and received, 250 persons registered and 268 persons attended.
- Upcoming Programs
- 10/20 Family Scavenger Hunt (V), 6:30pm
- 10/21 The Englishman & Detroit: A British Entrepreneur Helps Restore a City’s Confidence, 6:30pm
- 10/25 Adult Craft Kit: Fall Book Page Wreath w/Accents
- 10/25-30 Fall Book Sale
- 11/1 Battle of the Picture Books (V + in-person)
- 11/3 Jackie’s Book Club: Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano (V + in-person), 1:00pm
- 11/4 Designing Detroit: Wirt Rowland and the Rise of Modern American Architecture (V), 6:30pm
- 11/9 Historical MI Governors & Politicians with a Livingston County Connection (V), 6:30pm
- 11/15 Adult Craft Kit: Microwave Mug Pies
- Showing library support, designs - Hentz gathered t-shirts from board members for application of design.
- Millage discussion - Hentz drafted a letter to the community that will appear on the front page of the winter newsletter. The letter covers all the library has accomplished with the passing of the 2014 millage and how those millage dollars were spent. Discussion ensued; Hentz will email another draft with changes.
- CD Maturing:
- Motion to move funds to Board Assigned Funds in the amount of $91,365.20 as presented made by B.Rosek; seconded by: C.Walter; Motion carried.
- Motion to roll-over existing CD at CIBC and add funds from PNC Savings to bring the CD up to $250,000 as presented made by J.Colone; seconded by R.Hocking; Motion carried.
- Replacing broken window - total quoted replacement cost $1,560.84 / Insurance deductible $1,000. Motion to replace window as presented made by M.Evergreen; seconded by B.Rosek; Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Reminder: Annual Trustees & Directors meeting Wednesday, November 3 at 6:30pm at the Pinckney Library.
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by B.Rosek; seconded by M.Evergreen; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:53pm.
Next Meeting: November 16, 2020 @ 7:00pm.
Respectfully submitted, Debbie Kooperman Recording Secretary