Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 16, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: Colone, P.Eibler, M.Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, and J. Katakowski,
Members absent: None.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from September 18, 2018 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes.
- Gail Lowe, 11764 Hall Rd, Whitmore Lake, questioned the limit on the number of items withdrawn at one time.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for September 2018 made by Eibler. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 583 in the amount of $55,684.63 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 159 average daily visits; 70 new patrons; 6,018 item check-outs; 594 Axis360 check-outs; 89 Zinio check-outs; 359 Hoopla check-outs; and 286 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 119; Twitter at 368; Facebook at 742; 2,356 website uses; 2,562 wifi uses.
- Other news: Library staff found a sewing needle with thread on the east side of the meeting room, where now sewing should be taking place. As per the joint agreement, Hentz emailed the quilting group.
- Upcoming programs:
- 10/18 Thursday Matinee: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (R), Free, 1:00pm
- 10/20 Halloween Party, Free, 7:00pm
- 10/24 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 10/29 Maker Monday: Paperclip Bookmarks, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/1 Lunch & Learn: Taking Action, Free, 12:00pm
- 11/7 Library Book Club: Beer Money by Frances Stroh, Free, 1:00pm
- 11/8 Thursday Matinee: Loving Vincent (PG13), free, 1:00pm
- 11/13 Brewed in Michigan, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/14 Teen Movie: Tomb Raider (2018), Free, 5:30pm
- 11/17 Library Book Sale & Senior Center Craft Sale, Free, 9:00am to 2:00pm
- 11/19 Bennett’s Beavers Tour, Free, 6:30pm
- Renovation Project: Part 2: Most of the work is complete. We are waiting for the staff hallway door, the swinging door behind the desk, the electrical floor plates in the Popular Materials Library, power outlets at the service desk, and finishing some rough edges on the shelves.
- Art Fair: Despite losing power for 3 hours, this was our highest attendance. Attendance was 519 and net profit was $1,751.29.
- Trustee & Director meeting: Annual meeting was at the new Fowlerville District Library, with Dr. Les Sharon, principal at Country Elementary, presenting on school & library partnerships.
- Attorney A. Seurynck prepared a resolution outlining the Call To The Public portion of the agenda. Resolution made by Katakowski. Supported by Hocking. Resolution passed. See attached resolution.
- Hentz presented a quote to replace the carpet between the front door and the Popular Materials Library with a durable, “walk off” style carpet. This would eliminate the need for the rented mats that pose a tripping hazard and future rental fees. Motion to approve the quote from Library Design in the amount of $1,848.00 to re-carpet the entry way made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- The annual Halloween Party is Saturday, Oct. 20 at 7:00pm. Volunteers include Amir Baghdadchi, Michaelene & Mike Farrell, Jim Katakowski, and Mary Evergreen.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:02pm.
Next Meeting: November 20, 2018 @ 7:00pm