Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 17, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order
Farrell called the meeting to order 7:00pm.
Members present: Colone, Eibler, Evergreen, Farrell, Hocking, Katakowski.
Members absent: none.
Also present: Hentz, Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the Minutes from September 19, 2017 meeting was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for September 2017 as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to accept Library Voucher #571 for $60,808.77 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Statistics: Daily average of visits is 174; 44 new patrons; 6,626 item checkouts; 587 Axis360 checkouts; 96 Zinio checkouts; 130 Hoopla checkouts; 348 computer uses.
- Marketing Update: 99 Instagram followers; 327 Twitter followers; 621 Facebook followers; 2,273 website uses; 2,205 WiFi uses. There was widespread advertising for the annual Art Fair. Stacy’s Day Care brought 7 children for a visit on 10/11/17.
- Other news: Michigan Libraries for Life, Oct. 10-16. We offered information and registration on organ donation. Hentz will be attending the MLA conference next week.
- Upcoming programs:
- 10/18 SeekingMichigan.Org, Free, 6:30pm
- 10/19 Thursday Matinee: Wonder Woman (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 10/21 Halloween Party, Free, 7:00pm
- 10/23 Master Your Mornings, Free, 6:30pm
- 10/26 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 3:00pm
- 10/30 Meditation, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/1 Book Club: Orphan Train by Christina Kline, Free, 1:00pm.
- 11/2 Lunch & Learn: Folded Book Art, Free, noon
- 11/4 Local Author Fair (25 authors), Free, 11am
- 11/9 Thursday Matinee: The Lost City of Z (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 11/13 Maker Monday: Small Bites & Sweet Treats, $10, 6:30pm
- 11/14 Prohibition in Michigan, Free, 6:30pm
- 11/18 Book Sale + Senior Center’s Christmas Bazaar, Free, 9:00am
- Update on lighting replacement project: nothing new to report.
- Hentz distributed a recap of the Fine Art Fair. Profit was $1583.44.
- A motion to approve the Code of Conduct with changes and have several printed and posted around the building was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the new Senior Citizen Library Card for patrons 60 years and older and that will have no late fines made by Katakowski. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Changes in Youth Department & Newspaper shelving: For better security and more visibility, L. Strandt moved all children’s magazines from the periodical area to the children’s department. She also created more dedicated space for Young Adult reading materials. The newspapers have been moved to the area previously occupied by the children’s magazines. Mystery books will take over where the newspapers were.
- Possible changes for Front Service Desk: Hentz explained staff ideas about moving the desk closer to the staff hallway. This will increase safety and security for staffing area. Hentz will contact Library Design Associates to discuss the project.
- The township is replacing all parking lot and sidewalk light fixtures with LEDs. A motion to approve the Standard Electric quote of $4862.00 to replace the 10 parking lot and sidewalk lights with LEDs was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve an amount not to exceed $2500.00 to install the parking lot lights by a company yet to be approved by the Township was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- Annual Trustees & Directors workshop on Nov. 1 @ Howell Library. All are attending.
- Halloween Party is Saturday, Oct. 21. Volunteers should be here by 6:30pm.
A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm. Next Meeting: November 21, 2017 @ 7:00pm.