Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
October 19, 2010
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sally Crouch, Michaelene Farrell and Richelle Hocking and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Peg Eibler,
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the September 21, 2010 minutes as presented was made by Hocking. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) Dan Fortson. He requested that the board review the patron behavior policy as part of their Library Policy review.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for September 2010 was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 487 in the amount of $48,469.86 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reminded the Board that volunteers for the Halloween party should arrive no later then 6:30pm.
2) Attendance and number of vendors at the Hamburg Community Fine Art Fair increased from last year. Profit was $1,112.27.
3) Hentz distributed a list of cost cutting measures from area libraries.
1) The Annual Trustees and Directors meeting is next Wednesday, October 27 at the Howell Library. Planning for the Future is the topic.
2) The spring fundraiser, “Bids, Bubbles and Bon-Bons” is scheduled for April 16 from, 6:30-9:30pm. Several donations for the silent auction were made from the Art Fair. Non-alcoholic beverages will be served. Next step is soliciting from local chocolate vendors. Suggestions are requested for local musicians.
1) Katherine Harrier tendered her resignation. Her last day to work is November 18th. She has been employed for 14 years. She will be missed.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:20pm.
Next meeting will be November 16, 2010 at 7:00pm.