Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 18, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, C. Walter.
Member absent: B. Rosek.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the Agenda was made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the Minutes from April 20, 2021 was made by Hocking; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – None present.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for April 2021 was made by Hocking; seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 614 in the amount of $54,348.27 was made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- In-House statistics: 897 patrons; 21 new cardholders; 3,541 items checked out; 19 computer users.
- Online Statistics: 815 Axis360 checkouts; 135 PressReader checkouts; 62 Ancestry uses; 0 Tutor uses; 0 InfoBase uses; 0 Career Guidance uses; 46 Niche Academy uses.
- Other news: The summer newsletter will be arriving any day now. It includes Summer Reading Program information.
- Upcoming programs:
- 5/14 Michigan Reptiles and Amphibians, 6:30pm
- 5/25 Family Scavenger Hunt, 6:30pm
- 5/28 Reaching for the Stars: The Art & Architecture of the Michigan Capital, 6:30pm
- 6/2 Jackie’s Book Club: X: A Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz, 1:00pm
- 6/4 Summer Reading Program Kickoff, 7:00pm
- 6/7 Adult Craft pickup: Paper parasol summer wreath
- 6/9 Healthy Plants: Managing Disease in the Garden, 6:30pm
- Reopening the Library Update: The library building has been open to patrons since May 3, with limited services. With the state loosening the mask mandate, a face mask policy was presented for approval. Motion to approve the Hamburg Township Library Face Mask Policy was made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Other Updates: The sidewalk repair work has been completed; the new WiFi system has been installed; the Friends of the Library have submitted their articles of incorporation to the state; Hentz is working on getting bids to fix the front brick planter capstones.
- Proposed 2021/2022 Budget: Motion to approved the 2021/2022 Library Budget for $889,277.34 was made by Evergreen; seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Millage discussion: Weber handed out millage scenarios for board discussion. Discussion will continue next month.
1) Summer Reading Program: The SRP flyer was handed out showing the different programs and events for children happening throughout the summer. Theme is “Sit. Stay. Read.” The kick-off party has been reduced to accommodate pandemic guidelines.
2) Flagpole gardens: The garden volunteer has been contacted to do some basic clean-up in the beds.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Hentz handed out some information on the updated Library Privacy Act to be discussed next month.
Next Meeting: June 15, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen; seconded by Walter. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:32pm.