Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 20, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:15 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps.
Absent: Sandy Cavallaro and James Gleason.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to approve the agenda was made by Kelley. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the April 15, 2008 minutes as printed was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
3) A motion to approve as presented the Financial Report for March 2008 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
4) A motion to approve as presented the Financial Report for April 2008 was made by Phelps. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
5) A motion to accept as presented Library Voucher 458 for $79,775.73 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
1) MelCat training complete. The system should be up and running by June 1. Staff will have several months of preparation & experience before MelCat is widely publicized to patrons.
2) Girl Scouts will plant petunias on May 31. Petunias were purchased from Northland Sod.
1) Librarian distributed legislative briefing from MLA. Board members were encouraged to write letters of support for full funding ($12 million) for the Dept. of History, Arts, and Libraries. Contact information for key senators was given out.
1) Legacy Fund brochure approved by board members. A motion to approve printing 5000 copies of Legacy Fund brochure for approximately $2500 was made by Kelley. Seconded by Campbell. Motion carried.
2) One year CD was rolled over at 3.11 % annual yield.
1) A motion to close the library on Saturday, June 14, 2008 for Hamburg Family Fun Fest and pay employees scheduled for work that day was made by Phelps. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Campbell suggested that the job shadowing as a hands-on experience to understand library workings.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Kelley. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm.
Next meeting will be June 17, 2008 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski