Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
May 17, 2005
Meeting called to order at 7:08 pm.
Members present: Stella Campbell, Sandra Cavallaro, Peg Eibler, James Gleason, Barbaradell Kelley and Keith Phelps
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
A motion to accept the agenda as presented with the addition under Old Business:
Roll-over of 12 month CD was made by Phelps. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented for April 19, 2005 was made by Cavallaro. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
A motion to accept the financial statement as presented for the period ending, April 30, 2005 was made by Gleason. Seconded by Cavallaro. Motion carried.
A motion to pay voucher #422 as presented in the amount of $41,859.20 was made by Eibler. Seconded by Phelps. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported about 24 participants in the kite making program. Weather permitted kite flying following the activity. On June 1st and 2nd is the Volunteer Fair where non-profit organizations will have booths in the library explaining their need for volunteers.
2) After the library’s “Visions of Livingston” photography show, an aerial photograph of the township complex was donated to the library by Twilight Services Aerial Photography, and three photos of cardinals were donated by Donald Salwoski. All are framed and hanging in the library.
3) Library hosted the Pinckney Community Schools’ elementary art show; many people enjoyed it.
4) Library newsletter was mailed on Friday, May 6.
5) Campbell, Cavallaro, Eibler, and Kelley volunteered for Summer Reading kick-off party on Friday, June 17th at 7 pm.
1) A motion to roll over the 12 moth CD for the best possible interest rate was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues:
1) Reminder that the TLN spring trustee workshop on May 21, 2005.
2) Campbell will be absent for the June meeting. July meeting rescheduled to July 26th.
Call to the Public:
1) None present
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Eibler. Seconded by Gleason. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:25 pm
Next meeting will be June 21, 2005 at 7:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski