Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Library Board of Trustees Meeting
March 16, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, B. Rosek.
Member absent: C. Walter.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from February 16, 2021 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Rosek to approve the January 2021 Financial Report as presented. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion by Hocking to approve the February 2021 Financial Report as presented. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher #612 in the amount of $65,102.71. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 644 in-house visits; 28 new patrons; 4,542 item check-outs; 665 Axis360 check-outs; 80 Zinio check-outs; 145 audiobook check-outs; and 0 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 194; Twitter at 420; Facebook at 1,203; 2,877 website uses; 692 wifi uses.
- Other News: February fundraiser, Stay Home & Read, netted $815.00.
- Upcoming programs:
- 3/20 Family Fun Day, children up to 5 years old, goody bags @ 9:00am at LESA, 1425 W. Grand River, Howell & zoom concert @ 1:00pm with The Music Lady
- 3/23 Family Scavenger Hunt @ 6:30pm
- 3/24 Book & Movie Club: Leave Her to Heaven @ 6:30pm
- 3/25 Capital Women @ 6:30pm
- 3/29 Adult Craft Kit: Decoupage Terracotta Pot, $5.00
- 3/30 Female Secret Agents of the OSS & SOE @ 6:30pm
- 4/1 Travelogues w/ Lynn: Italy Part 2 @ 6:30pm
- 4/5 No-Sew Sockworm, ages 6+
- 4/7 Library Book Club: Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf @ 1:00pm
- 4/7 Shipwrecks of the Great Lakes @ 6:30pm
- 4/12 Adult Craft Kit: Road Map Birdhouse, $5.00
- 4/14 Michigan Reptiles and Amphibians @ 6:30pm
- Library Reopening Update: The library has been in Phase 3 (Limited Services) beginning Feb. 1. Computers were opened for limited use on Monday, March 8. There are two adult computers available for 30 minutes of use and without any staff assistance. Everything is going well.
1) Hentz presented three new databases/electronic services to possibly offer the public:
- PressReader – This service would replace the RB Digital magazine service that has now become a part of OverDrive/Libby. Motion by Evergreen to accept the PressReader three year contact at $3000/year. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Infobase Learning Cloud – The is a professional development & training tool for adults. Motion by Hocking to approve Infobase Learning Cloud at $600.00/year to begin this service and continue the service for two years before assessing for patron usage. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center – A reference database that offers lifelong career exploration and planning. Motion by Evergreen to approve Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center at $479.60/year to begin this service and to continue the service for two years before assessing for patron usage. Seconded by Rosek. Motion carried.
- Millage Discussion: Board discussed the August 2022 millage.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn made by Rosek. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:19pm.
Next Meeting: April 20, 2021 @ 7:00pm