Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
March 19, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Farrell, R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: M. Evergreen.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from February 22, 2019 as presented made by Colone. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for February 2019 made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 588 in the amount of $52,862.12 made by Farrell. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 182 average daily visits; 82 new patrons; 6,544 item check-outs; 632 Axis360 check-outs; 154 Zinio check-outs; 329 Hoopla check-outs; and 237 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 126; Twitter at 381; Facebook at 801; 2,489 website uses; 2,220 wifi uses.
- Other News: Community Events - Pinckney Business Expo on 2/23, Country Elementary’s March is Reading Month on 3/7, Navigator School’s Spring Fling on 3/9, Family Literacy Celebration on 3/16. Partnering with Country Elementary for Poetry Night on 4/8.
- Upcoming programs:
- 3/20 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- 3/21 AARP Tax Help, Free, 9:30am to 3:00pm
- 3/26 Trailside Treats, $10, 6:30pm
- 3/28 Thursday Matinee: Crazy Rich Asians, Free, 1:00pm
- 4/2 Michigan’s Trail Getaways, Free, 6:30pm
- 4/3 Library Book Club: A Walk In The Woods, Free, 1:00pm
- 4/7 AARP Tax Help, Free, 9:30am to 3:00pm
- 4/9 Lost Car Companies of Detroit, Free, 6:30pm
- 4/10 Teen Night: The Hate U Gave, Free, 5:30pm
- 4/11 Lunch & Learn: Adorable Easter Cards, $10, noon
- 4/13 America’s Long Distance Hiking Trails, Free, 1:00pm
- 4/15 Straw Bale Gardening, Free, 6:30pm
- Letter from Rep. Ann Bollin thanking the library for use of its meeting room.
- Outreach Services Clerk: Lynn Riehl has accepted the position of Outreach Services Clerk. The library also hired Sharon Gifford for 20 hours/week as a clerk.
- Computer Upgrades: Several of the server parts have started to arrive. The library has switched over from MicroSoft Outlook email to G-Suite email.
- Chili Cook-Off: There were 6 contestants (last year were 13) and made $167.00 this year. It was the same day as the Pinckney School band program’s spaghetti dinner. Will plan better next year.
- Updated Funeral Leave Policy: Motion made by Eibler to approve the funeral leave policy as presented. Seconded by Colone Motion carried.
- Guitar Lending Policy: Motion made by Eibler to approve the musical instrument lending policy as presented. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Hentz & Weber presented the proposed 2019/2020 budget for discussion purposes.
Relevant Board Issues
1) Art Fair conversation.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm
Next Meeting: April 16, 2019 @ 7:00pm