Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
June 20, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Mary Evergreen, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking.
Absent: Peg Eibler and Jim Katakowski.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from May 16, 2017 meeting as presented was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to approve Financial Report for May 2017 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 567 in the amount of $76,665.26 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
Statistics: People counter: 173 visits; 61 new patrons; 6,409 item check-outs; 371 Axis360 check-outs; 56 Zinio check-outs; 323 computer users.
Marketing update: Instagram: 98 followers; Twitter 301 followers; Facebook: 580 followers; website 2,075 visits; wireless: 2,079 uses.
Other News: Summer Reading Program participation is at 189; first year of Adult Reading program with 144 participants.
- 6/22 Birdfeeder Craft ( ages 5 and under ), 10:00am
- 6/26 Monday Movie: Finding Dory (PG), 6:00pm
- 6/27 STEAM (ages 8 and under), 6:30pm
- 6/28 Circus Workshop (ages 6+), 4:00pm
- 6/29 STEAM (ages 8 and under), 10:00am
- 7/3 Monday Movie: The Indian in the Cupboard (PG), 6:00pm
- 7/5 Library Book Club: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, 1:00pm
- 7/10 Monday Movie: The Secret Life of Pets (PG), 6:00pm
- 7/11 Cowboy Sunset Craft (ages 5 and under), 6:30pm
- 7/14 Hoedown (all ages), 7:00pm
- 7/17 Monday Movie: Pete’s Dragon, 2016 (PG), 6:00pm
- 7/19 Spoonman (all ages), 6:30pm
- Lighting replacement project: installation/replacement will begin once all light bulbs and fixtures have been received.
- Bicycle drawing netted $857. Funds will be used to replace tree in Serenity Garden.
- Motion to approve short term CD investment option as outlined in handout prepared by Weber and to direct the Township Treasurer to do same was made by Colone. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Hentz discussed Fowlerville District Library’s purchase of new site. The new location will nearly triple their square footage and is expected to open April 2018.
- A motion to purchase an outdoor shed from Ed Bock’s in Pinckney not to exceed $3,005.00 was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried. Landscaping bids will be presented at July meeting.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Board tabled viewing video until next month.
- Updated policy manuals were distributed.
- Board discussed and agreed to add former trustee, Stella Campbell’s name to the plaque in memory of her deceased husband, Dale Campbell.
- Evergreen will not be present at July meeting. Colone will not be present at August meeting.
A motion to adjourn was made by Evergreen. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Next meeting will be July 18, 2017 @ 7:00pm.