Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
June 16, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:10 pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Sally Crouch, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Richelle Hocking, and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Stella Campbell
Also present: Holly Hentz, Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as amended was made by Crouch. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the May 19, 2009 minutes was made by Farrell. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
3) A motion to approve the Financial Report for May, 2009 which included a table of the current budget overages, was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
4) A motion to accept Library Voucher #471 in the amount of $81,572.05 was made by Hocking. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the Summer Reading kick-off party was well attended. 179 individuals signed up for the reading program. Additional sign-ups have occurred. The Board was thanked for their assistance at the party.
2) Alanís Asphalt Maintenance has resurfaced and restriped the parking lot.
3) Roof repairs are completed. Several heavy rains have occurred with no leakage.
4) Reminder that the library will be closed June 20 for Hamburg Fun Fest and July 4 holiday.
1) Pat Hohl sent an email regarding township funding benchmarks throughout southeast Michigan.
1) A motion to accept the 2009-2014 Technology Plan was made by McIntyre. Seconded by Crouch. Motion carried.
1) Hentz distributed DNRís Park and Read brochures. Complimentary one day passes are available at front desk. There are 98 state parks and recreation areas; 68 of the parks will have hammocks available for Park and Read participants.
2) Donations have been received from D. Kooperman (a variety of perennials and herbs), M. Pettigrove (day lilies), Meier Flowerland (coleus plants), P. Bailey (ferns), and Barnes and Noble (10 boxes of new books), and donation checks from Botanical Interest seed company.
3) Township has selected new BC/BS health care plan, an HRA, to go into effect July 1, 2009. The higher co-pay will be reimbursed if subscriber files the necessary paperwork.
Relevant Board Issues
1) The Board received a Petition for Judicial Review regarding Patron Appeal No. 2009-1.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Crouch. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.
Next meeting will be July 21, 2009 at 7:00pm.