Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 18, 2017 @ 7:00pm
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:00pm in the library meeting room.
Members present: Jodie Colone, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell, Jim Katakowski.
Absent: Mary Evergreen and Richelle Hocking.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
- A motion to approve the agenda as presented was made by Colone. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- A motion to approve the minutes from June 2017 meeting as presented was made by Katakowski. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
Call to the public
- A motion to table the June 2017 financial report until the August 2017 meeting was made by Colone. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- A motion to accept Library Voucher # 568 in the amount of $49,964.05 was made by Farrell. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Statistics: 201 visits per day, 68 new patrons, 7,277 item check-outs, 385 Axis360 check-outs, 59 zinio check-outs, 292 computer uses, 24 children’s computer uses.
Marketing update: Instagram: 98 followers; Twitter 307 followers; Facebook: 590 followers; Website 2,140; Wireless 2,759. There was a “Call to Artists” advertising in the Livingston Daily Press & Argus on 7/16/17.
Other News: Summer Read Program child participation is 224; adults at 164. Two ukuleles were donated by The Music Man store in Brighton, for a total of 4.
- 7/20 Preschool Field Day (SRP), 10:00am, 10:00am
- 7/20 Thursday Matinee: Patriot’s Day (R), 1:00pm
- 7/24 Monday Movie: Moana (PG), 6:00pm
- 7/25 STEAM (ages 8 and under), 6:30pm
- 7/27 STEAM (ages 8 and under), 10:00am
- 7/27 Field Day (SRP), 2:00pm
- 7/31 Monday Movie: Trolls (PG), 6:00pm
- 8/1 Library Book Club: Skype with author E. M. Kokie, 1:00pm
- 8/2 Library Book Club: Radical by E. M. Kokie, 1:00pm
- Lighting replacement begins Monday, July 24, 2017.
- A motion to contract with Leppek for the landscaping for storage shed not to exceed $5,950 was made by Colone. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Hentz distributed year-end statistics 2010 to 2017. Discussion to follow in future meetings.
- A motion to close the library on Sept. 7 for an in-service day and to send the staff to “Creating a culture of safety and security in your library” on in Dearborn, MI was made by Eibler. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
- United for Libraries: Board tabled viewing video until next month.
- Colone will not be present at August meeting.
- Hentz distributed the Library Needs Assessment survey developed by both staff and board that will be included in the fall newsletter. People can complete the paper form and mail it to the library or drop it off; or they can complete the survey online.
1) A motion to adjourn was made by Katakowski. Seconded Colone Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:42 pm.
Next meeting will be August 15, 2017 @ 7:00pm.