Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
January 16, 2018 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Hocking at 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell (arrived late), R. Hocking, J. Katakowski.
Member absent: J. Colone.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowsk. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from December 19, 2017 as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 5 minutes
- Motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2017 made by Eibler. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Library Voucher # 574 in the amount of $50,088.22 made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski
- Monthly statistics: 165 average daily visits; 12 new patrons; 5,115 item check-outs; 519 Axis360 check-outs; 73 Zinio check-outs; 201 Hoopla check-outs; and 255 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram as 103; Twitter at 344; Facebook at 646; 1,906 website uses; 2,011 wifi uses.
- Other news: Costco of Green Oak is partnering with the Livingston County libraries Feb. 19 - Mar. 4. People can show their library card at their home library to receive a one day shopping pass at Costco.
- Upcoming programs
- 1/18 Thursday Matinee: The Zookeeper’s Wife (PG13), Free, 1:00pm
- 1/23 Detroit Hustle author talk - CANCELLED
- 1/29 Positive Discipline, Free, 6:30pm
- 2/1 Lunch & Learn: Valentines for Veterans, Free, Noon
- 2/6 Valentine Crafts for ages 5 and under, Free, 6:30pm
- 2/7 Library Book Club: Arc of Justice by Kevin Boyle, Free, 1:00pm
- 2/8 AARP Tax Assistance, Free, 9:00am to 3:00pm
- 2/12 Great Decisions, Free, 1:30pm
- 2/13 Detroit’s Movie Palaces, Free, 6:30pm
- Internet service provider: Hentz mailed out the signed agreement and TLN has received it. There will be an on-site visit from TLN to determine if the library needs to upgrade any equipment. This will happen sometime in February.
- CDs maturing: As they mature next week and in February, there is nothing to report at this month’s meeting. Next month Weber will report the interest rate locked in and the amount of interest made with the expired CDs.
- Mitten Tree: Patrons donated 12 sets of hats & gloves, 67 hats, 104 pairs of gloves/mittens, 10 scarves and 1 pair of socks. All donations were taken to LACASA.
- Senior Citizen library card: to date, 183 patrons signed up as Senior Citizens.
- Renovation project: the library staff came up with some solid ideas which will be forwarded to the designers on Jan. 23.
- Chase Visa Credit Card: Motion to approve Christine Weber as Authorizing Officer to sign for and open a Chase Inc. Business Card on behalf of Hamburg Township Library made by J. Katakowski. Seconded by R. Hocking. Motion carried.
Motion to authorize Christine Weber to apply for a Chase Inc. Business Card and hereby agree to all terms and conditions made by M. Evergreen. Seconded by J. Katakowski. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve Good Friday as a paid holiday for all library staff in order to keep library and township holidays at the same number made by M. Evergreen. Seconded by J. Katakowski. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
Motion to adjourn made by Evergreen. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:36pm.
Next Meeting: February 20, 2018 @ 7:00pm