Hamburg Township Library
Hamburg, MI 48139
Hamburg Township Library Board of Trustees
January 18, 2011
Meeting called to order at 7:05pm in the meeting room.
Present: Stella Campbell, Peg Eibler, Michaelene Farrell and Duncan McIntyre.
Absent: Sally Crouch and Richelle Hocking.
Also present: Holly Hentz and Christine Weber.
1) A motion to accept the agenda as presented was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to approve the December 14, 2010 minutes as corrected was made by Farrell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
Call to the Public
1) None present.
1) A motion to accept the Financial Report for December 2010 was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
2) A motion to accept Library Voucher # 490 in the amount of $48,426.19 was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
1) Hentz reported the library collected 624 lbs for the annual Food for Thought food drive.
2) Study Room A & B signs have been placed on the two study rooms.
3) Public faxing has resulted in $20.00 to date.
4) Donations for the calendar year totaled $2798.50
5) Fundraisers: (Garage Sale, Art Fair, Cook Books, Book Sale, Lily Sale and Raffles) totaled about $4000.
1) Update Policy manuals were distributed to board members.
2) Hentz reported the PNC bank accounts will be used for withdrawals to reduce the balances. Hentz and Weber are searching for a new bank for library funds.
3) Hentz reported MSU is the grant administrator for BTOP computer grant of $28,000. The library will purchase 16 new HP computers (12 desktops and 4 laptops), two new printers, and a new network-wide firewall. The library will pay the labor and installation fees.
1) April Fundraise, Bids, Bubbles & Bonbons, has received 9 art donations, PNC-donation of $150, Chase-basket of chocolate, Marvís Bakery - gift certificate.
2) New music collection categories are Worship music, Spoken Word, and New Age.
3) Community Recreation Services Organization approached Hentz regarding participation in a digital sign advertising Township & Library activities. Discussion followed.
4) A motion to table the proposal to increase the SRP event fee to $1.00 per child until the February meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by Farrell. Motion carried.
Relevant Board Issues
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Campbell. Seconded by McIntyre. Motion carried.
The meeting adjourned at 7:04pm.
Next meeting will be February 15, 2011 at 6:00pm.
Joan M. Dombrowski