Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Rd. P.O. Box 247
Hamburg, MI 48139
Board of Trustees Meeting
August 20, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Meeting called to order by Farrell 7:00pm in the Patricia Waters Community Room.
Members present: J. Colone, P. Eibler, M. Evergreen, M. Farrell, R. Hocking and J. Katakowski.
Member absent: None.
Guest: Thelma Kubitskey, Hamburg Township Accountant.
Also present: H. Hentz and C. Weber.
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented made by Evergreen. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion to approve the minutes from July 16, 2019 as presented made by Hocking. Seconded by Katakowski. Motion carried.
Call to the Public – Limit remarks to 3 minutes.
- Motion by Hocking to approve the June 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Motion by Colone to approve the July 2019 Financial Report. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Motion by Evergreen to approve Library Voucher # 593 in the amount of $72,897.21. Seconded by Hocking. Motion carried.
- Motion by Katakowski to approve the Hamburg Township MERS 457 Supplemental Retirement Plan for library employees. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried.
- Monthly statistics: 201 average daily visits; 68 new patrons; 9,216 item check-outs; 600 Axis360 check-outs; 126 Zinio check-outs; 269 Hoopla check-outs; and 309 computer uses.
- Marketing update: Instagram at 153; Twitter at 406; Facebook at 890; 2,828 website uses; 2,953 wifi uses.
- Other News: Hired a new page: Sarah Angell. She replaces Amelia Kramer, who graduated. Verso has gone through a major update over July 27-31. This affected the digital services as well. Everything is back online now. Axis360 now has better security as a result of the Verso update. Hentz was invited to be a part of the Michigan Author Award committee. The library participated in Senior Celebration Day on 8/2 with about 200 visitors to the booth and Vet Fest on 8/10 with 357 people spoken to about library services.
- Upcoming programs:
- Sept. 4 Drop-In Genealogy Help, Free, 1:00pm
- Sept. 4 Drop-In Tech Help, Free, 4:00pm
- Sept. 4 Book Club: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, Free, 1:00pm
- Sept. 5 Lunch & Learn: Harvest Happenings, Free, Noon
- Sept. 6 Friday Films: Captain Blood, Free, 3:00pm
- Sept. 9 LapSit starts, Free, 10:00am & StoryHour starts, Free, 1:30pm
- Sept. 9 Maker Monday: Banner Me Fall, Free, 6:30pm
- Sept. 10 Tuesday Films: It Happened One Night, Free, 6:00pm
- Sept. 12 Lil’ Wigglers, Free, 10:00am & StoryHour starts, Free, 10:00am
- Sept. 16 History of Ann Arbor’s Michigan Theater, Free, 6:30pm
- Sept. 17 Michigan Opera Theater performance, Free, 1:00pm
- Sept. 19 Downton Abbey Trivia Night, Free, 6:30pm
- SRP Update: 110 children completed the SRP and 92 attended the party, with 56 adults.
- Front Gardens Project: Diversified Outdoor Services completed their work the first week of August. Weber and Hentz purchased several new plants (2 sedum, 5 black-eyed Susan, and 4 daylilies), and the volunteers planted them.
- E911 – Motion by Katakowski to approved the bid from Telephone Support Systems for new telephone system that is compliant with the E911 requirements in the amount not to exceed $8,510.00. Seconded by Colone. Motion carried.
- Narcan Law – Board directed Hentz to invite the Fire Department Chief to the next meeting.
- Motion by Katakowski to approve closing the library on Monday, Dec. 23 and Monday, Dec. 30 for unpaid days off. Seconded by Eibler. Motion carried.
- Friends of the Library – Discussion on the possibility of forming a Friends of the Library group.
Relevant Board Issues
- Halloween Party is set for Saturday, Oct. 19 at 7:00pm. Board members were asked to volunteer.
Motion to adjourn made by Katakowski. Seconded by Evergreen. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:14pm.
Next Meeting: September 17, 2019 @ 7:00pm